Head down to WestFest from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, September 27, at the Eiteljorg Museum for some gol-darned family fun! See the sights, hear the sounds and experience the excitement of the American West.
* Take a ride on the Wells Fargo stagecoach.
* The Quebe Sisters Band is one of the most exciting new groups to come to the music scene in years. Formed in 2000, the Quebe Sisters Band (pronounced Kway-bee) performs a refreshing blend of western swing (Bob Wills & Texas Playboys), hot jazz and swing standards (Benny Goodman), western (Sons of the Pioneers), vintage country and traditional Texas style fiddle tunes. The band features the voices and the fiddling talents of three sisters, Grace, Sophia, and Hulda Quebe.
* Sourdough Slim, Swingin’ tunes! Cowboy crooning! Award winning yodeling! Laughs galore! Yes folks, all this and more can be yours at the only show on the planet where you can witness a man in a ten gallon hat, yodel, play accordion, dance a jig and twirl a lariat – all at the same time. Sagebrush artist, Sourdough Slim, transport us to a whimsical, infectious world where vaudevillian camp and cowboy lore intermingle. With a repertoire of classic western songs and an exuberant, animated, crowd pleasing delivery, Sourdough Slim has become one of the most popular cowboy entertainers of our time.
* See world-champion trick roper Joan Wells.
* Enjoy the stories of cowboys from Michael Smith as “Bones Hooks” and Hopalong Cassidy.
* Step up on the chuck wagon for Western hospitality courtesy of cook, “Big Boy.”
* Try your hand at creating a cattle brand, panning for gold, rope making, cow chip tossing, roping, leather stamping, banadanna decorating, talking like a cowboy… you might even find your face on a wanted poster or be thrown in the hoosegow!
Dust off your boots, wrangle up the family and head to WestFest for a bang-up, good time. tickets are $9 for adults and $5 for kids. Save $1 when you buy advance sale tickets at Central Indiana March stores or the Eiteljorg Museum (317)636-9378.