The 5th Annual Acoustic Live Challenge


Next month, music lovers will want to keep an eye out for an upcoming showcase of central Indiana’s best musical talent. Starting the second week of February, SEG Productions is bringing all-original music back to downtown Indianapolis in an acoustic kind of fashion!

The 5th annual Indianapolis Acoustic LIVE Challenge is an 11-week competition with a “battle of the bands” format. The contest places special restrictions (such as the prohibition of drum sets and keyboards) on its contestants, as well as limiting group size to a maximum of three artists. Each act is allotted a strict 25-minute set of all-original music (absolutely no covers!).

Contest structure mandates the first and second place contestants from each of the 8 preliminary judging rounds compete in one of two semi-final rounds. The top four acts from each of the semi-final rounds then battle in one final round of competition.

“There are a lot of talented guys and girls out there. They write, sing, and play; my job is to get them the exposure they need to find success in the local scene. The networking opportunities participants enjoy simply from entering are astounding, let alone the champion’s handsome prize package,” says Rob Snodgrass, Challenge organizer and Midwest music promoter for over 10 years. The prize package includes thousands of dollars in cash and prizes.
Such as, Studio Time, PhotoShoot, Guitar, performing slots at local festivals Mojostock & Slamology and much much more…

Snodgrass is currently accepting applications from interested parties for the event which will take place at The Ugly Monkey, home to The 5th annual Indianapolis Acoustic LIVE Challenge for the last two years. Deadline for artists is February 1st.. Opening night will Be February 17th…Doors open at 7pm for Meet and Greet with Artists. Showtime each night is 8pm every Thursday night.

“There are so many talented singer/songwriters in Indianapolis and they are starting to surface by the boatload. I want to help expose those artists locally so they can make a name for themselves within the Indiana music network.” Snodgrass says.

The panel of judges is an impartial roster of local music authorities including Danielle Look (Music Editor for IndyMojo.com and music correspondent for NUVO Newsweekly), Barret Young (Editor in Chief for Indyconcerts.com), Jason King (President/CEO of Indymojo.com & Key Accounts Manager for Southern Wine & Spirits), Mike Gerdtz (lead vocalist of No One Zero), Eric Arnett (lead vocalist of Glass Halo) and many more special guest judges. 40% of total votes are accounted for by the judges and the remaining 60% is tallied from the audience.

Winners are selected based on originality, stage presence, marketability, crowd response and musicianship. Previous Acoustic LIVE Challenge champions include Kevin Mohl & the Burning Sensation, Josh Chalfant, Chad Mills, and Jamie Nichole.

Any solo artist or duo interested in entering the “LIVE” Challenge should contact Rob Snodgrass by e-mail at sales@snodgrassentertainment.com or call 765-315-7480. Alternatively, applications are available at The Ugly Monkey (373 South Illinois Street). There is a limited amount of slots available (40 total) and there is a $20 application fee.

The Acoustic Live Challenge is sponsored by IndyMojo.com, IndyConcerts.com, ABSOLUT Vodka, MojoStock, Slamology, GaugeMagazine.com, Winn Studios, Bleeding Media Design, Daddy Real Entertainment, Melissa Brewer Photography and more.

For more information on the 2011 Acoustic Challenge, visit www.acousticlivechallenge.com

Check out last year’s winner Jamie Nichole.

So…if you support local music, then The 5th annual Indianapolis Acoustic LIVE Challenge is for you!