I’d like to start by thanking everyone for your support so far! We got lots of listens, downloads, and favorites on the 1st mix with jFET! As long as you keep listening, we’ll keep providing!
With that said, we’re happy to announce the release of the 2nd mix in G-9 Collective‘s mix series, Collective Sessions! This time, we’re showcasing one of Indiana’s favorite bass producing villains, Shy Guy Says!
2. Shy Guy Says – Throne of the Persian King (demo preview)
3. Future – Same Damn Time (Busted by HeRobust)
4. Paper Diamond – The 40 Thieves
5. Samples – Blackk Sheep
6. TNGHT – Goooo
7. Antiserum & Mayhem – Brick Squad Anthem
8. Hard in Da Paint – Bellizio (Remix)(Crizzly Edit)
9. Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Big Sean – Clique (Enferno Remix)
10. Shy Guy Says – Untitled (demo preview)
11. Eliot Lipp – On & On
12. Shy Guy Says – Lights at Night
13. Anosta Boss – Crushes
14. Rustie – Surph
15. Zomboy – Pump It Up
16. jFET & Shy Guy Says – The Bass Chop
17. Shy Guy Says – Killer Crush
18. Prodigy – Smack My Bitch Up (Noisia Remix)
19. Barron – Heavy Weight (1uP Remix)
20. 12th Planet – Burst (ft. GMCFOSHO)
21. 1uP – Thundergun (Vannin Remix)
22. Dream – Go Hard (Crizzly Remix)
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals:
Here is the 1st in G-9 Collective’s new mix series, Collective Sessions! Volume 1 features a mix from one of Indiana’s top bass music producers, jFET, who is giving us his very 1st studio mix! Enjoy and share with your friends so they can enjoy it as well!
1. K+Lab – Need To Know (Blunt Instrument Remix)
2. Pegboard Nerds – Fire In The Hole
3. Beat The Beast – She Got Me Dancing
4. Mashur & Kevlar – Too Much Pressure (Artem Zlobin Remix)
5. jFET & The Indigo Child – Bukkake Party
6. Tut Tut Child – Card Shark
7. Urban Assault – Drop The Bass
8. jFET – Bass Munchin’
9. Virus Syndicate & Skism – Like This
10. Breathe Carolina – Hit and Run (MUST DIE! Remix)
11. Zomboy – City 2 City Feat. Belle Humble
12. jFET – Get Naked vs. jFET – Celestial Cemetery
13. Dirty Dog – Selecta
14. N’Chyx – Skankin Shoes (ENiGMA Dubz Remix)
15. jFET & Bass Technician – Who Am I
16. Spag Heddy – Like A B055
17. jFET & Neal Zen – Baby Come Back
18. jFET – 2D
19. PSY – Gangnam Style (Tim Ismag Trollmix)
20. Noisia – Diplodocus (Kill The Noise Remix)
21. Noisia – Bug Hunt (Noisia Remix)
22. Monsta – Holdin’ On (Skrillex & Nero Remix)
23. Sub Focus – Tidal Wave Feat. Alpines (Single Edit)
24. Bcee & S.P.Y. – Is Anybody Out There (Friction & K-Tee Remix)
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals!
It’s no secret that we do a lot of events and book a lot of talent over the course of the year. But we can admit there can be holes in the system in which we use to book said talent, and many budding artists and DJ’s could be getting overlooked. This is why we want to put together a Mixtape Competition, with blind judging, so there’s no playing favorites, no spam, no complaints. (Who am I kidding? There will always be complaints – but you get the idea).
Winning Mixtape will be awarded:
- Headlining slot at Altered Thurzdaze.
(on a mutually agreeable date once winner is selected)
- $100 cash
- Potential to open for a national act at one or more of Indymojo’s events.
(depending on coinciding music genre that makes sense for available headliners, mutual agreeable date, and some restrictions apply)
- Second Place and Runner Up entries will be considered for future bookings as well.
We want to set a few simple guidelines:
1. Create a new mix (45-60 minutes in length).
All genres welcome – PLEASE NO TOP-40. Be creative. Don’t insert anything that will reveal identity, such as a name drop.
2. Put it on an unmarked CD/Audio quality disk.
3. Give the disk to me (Matt Ramsey – You can find me at any Indymojo event) by September 15th. < ~ Deadline
Disks will be assigned a number and securely logged in for identification purposes after the judges have ranked them accordingly.
- Entries will be duplicated and given to 3-4 judges of various music tastes and experiences, who have no knowledge of the entry creators. Judges TBD.
- Judges will rank the entries based on track selection, originality, and technical ability.
- Winner will be announced by October 1st.
Greetings, Mojo. Over the years, IndyMojo has taken many different forms. While we started out as a social network for people in Indianapolis, we began slowly shifting and transforming from a site for drunken hook ups and encounters to a truly viable (at least we hope you think so!) media entity. This new version of IndyMojo represents the final step in that metamorphosis… Our caterpillar has become a beautiful butterfly. With frickin’ laser beams!
First thing you may notice is our complete integration with Facebook. While we enjoyed hosting our own community here, we simply could not dedicate the time we needed to truly support it, so we’ve opted to go the way of the Zucker-beast. You may sign on directly to IndyMojo.com using your Facebook connection, and you can comment on our blogs and events much like you would comment on Facebook.
That gives us time to focus on the content because, let’s face it, that’s really why you’re here, right? Our blogs and events have been super charged to be easy to find, easy to share, easy to read, and easy to write. Which is key, as we’ll be working with local contributors to help share their content with our audience (interested? Email email@example.com). Event submissions are easier as well, so we hope you’ll share with us your events for the city.
In the not so distant future, we’ll be introducing revamping photo galleries, video galleries, and interactive features (confessionals, anyone?), but this relaunch is a crucial step to being able to provide those features.
Below we’ve included answers to a couple of questions we anticipate, but if you have additional questions, concerns, comments, or you want to tell us how awesome we are, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the beginning.
Mojo Ninja Masters
Q: I have a bunch of old stuff on the old Mojo. How do I get it?
We were able to transfer over all user accounts and blogs during the transfer, but photos and profile information were not kept. However, we are leaving the old IndyMojo up at archive.indymojo.com for your browsing pleasure. Feel free to frolic there as you see fit, and gather your old belongings.
Q: My old password doesn’t work!
For your security, our password system has always featured strong encryption which does not allow us to transfer passwords. You have two options:
A. Use the forgotten password system here.
B. Connect to Facebook. This will automatically update your account and even bring over your profile picture!
Q: Why are you creeping on my Facebook information?
Let’s face it…. The Zuckerbeast is mammoth. Based on our demographic information, 95% of our users have Facebook accounts and most of those use them frequently, so why should we make you have to think of another username and password? When you integrate your account with IndyMojo, we receive your email address (which you’d already given us anyways), your first name, and your last name (necessary for contests and prizes) and that’s it. We don’t snoop on you, we promise.
Q: OKAY, fine. But I tried to connect to Facebook and it didn’t connect my profile.
If your old profile was created with an email address that is different than the one you have on Facebook, then the system won’t know to use your old profile. For most people, this is OK because they didn’t have much content anyways. For those of you who wish to retain your blogs, events, etc., you’ll need to change your email to match. Use the Forgotten Password system (described above) to recover your password, then login and change your email address. THEN logout, and do Connect with Facebook. Email email@example.com if you have any trouble.