It was in the basement venue, The Casba that I first saw FIGURE. It was dark, no cover, and the place was packed. The sound that came out of the speakers that night cannot be described and neither can the energy of the crowd. I realized then I was witnessing a mad scientist of beats at work.
Figure went on to play IndyMojo’s Identity After Party and was signed to AM Only (largest EDM talent agency) that same week. His career instantly exploded into a welcomed chaos of shows around the world and tons of releases. Since then, he has only played in Indy twice, at The Amber room which he headlined and at Wheelhouse Music Festival.
This coming Altered Thurzday, we can finally announce his return to playing his home state. At none other than the infamous Mousetrap and for only $8 at that. He is bringing his Terrorvision, which is a collaboration of the most terrifying visuals alongside his Monster tracks. This show is years in the making, let’s kick off the year with a bang, bang!
Josh Gard has had a long history in music. Just a few short years ago he donned the name Figure and began making electro house, but has since become a regular name in all realms of electronic and dance. Scoring positions among the charts may have gotten him recognition, but a hefty amount of praise has been raining down on him lately as some of the leading artists in electronic music have valued his live performance skills as some of the best in the business.
In 2011, his Monsters of Drumstep series married his love of horror with his immense production skills to become the soundtrack for the Halloween season. Figure created his own imprint, DOOM Music to house the Monsters series which has now become an annual release. In 2013 FIGURE’s monsters series became the official soundtrack to Universal Studio’s Hollywood Horror Nights theme park.
Figure recently signed with OWSLA to release “Horns of the Apocalypse”. Horns of the Apocalypse showcases FIGURE’S evolving sound and take on 4/4 dance music with his lead single Eagle. War Call & Beast Mode will remind fans of FIGURE’S signature sound. The EP features DEL The Funky Homosapien (Deltron 3030, Gorillaz, Hieroglyphics) Mr Lif (Definitive Jux) & Nick Thayer (Owsla).
“The direction and influence for the production came from being on tour all of last year and a good chunk of of 2013 so far. The entire EP was written on the road but mastered at my home studio in Indiana using my Neve Racks and Abelton. I’m really looking forward to seeing my fans on tour this fall and hope they all love this release as much as I do.” – FIGURE
October 2013 saw the return of FIGURE’s highly acclaimed Monster’s series, with the release of Monsters Volume 4. Monster’s vol. 4 quickly shot up the iTunes/Beatport worldwide charts with key tracks like Are You Afraid Of The Dark ft. Lexi Norton, Living Dead & The Center of Hell ft/ Helicopter Showdown. All in all the album takes listeners on a 13 song trip through the dark world of FIGURE’s monsters, and showcases another side of Josh Gard’s sound design that ties the LP together with dark interludes like Symphony of the Damned & Death’s Gospel.
When he’s not recording in his hometown studios in rural Indiana, Gard is touring worldwide, with packed tents at festivals like EDC, SnowGlobe, Starscape, The Bounce, Creamfields Australia, Tomorrow World, Global Dance, and Belgium’s Dour. He just ended his 14 city Terrorvision Tour in November and Indy will be the 15th city on January 8th!
Local Suport From
IndyMojo // G-9 Collective // NAP DNB
IndyMojo // G-9 Collective
IndyMojo // G-9 Collective
You and a guest will get free entry to the show and a Riot Pack signed by FIGURE.
1. Comment below and tell us why you should win!
2. Share this page to a public post on Facebook tagging 5 friends including Indymojo.com.
3. If you don’t follow both rules you LOSE!
Winners will be announced January 7th!
Mousetrap Bar and Grille
Next Thurzday, August 7th will mark the 4th year that IndyMojo has been bringing you beats on a weekly basis. The time has come for us to celebrate this affair and what better way to do that than bringing one of the biggest pioneers in the Bass Movement. Downlink with be headlining the main stage, along with Kodama, Indigo Child, and jFet. There will be a secondary stage out on the patio featuring other local favorites.
DOWNLINK AKA Sean Casavant is a name firmly cemented in the hearts and minds of the bass music community. He is respected the world over as a producer of the highest quality dance floor bangers. He has had numerous #1 hits on Beatport and has released music with major labels like Rottun, OWSLA and Mau5trap. He has helped mix an album for the legendary nu-metal band Korn. He has toured the planet far and wide, leaving a wake of awe-struck audiences in his path. To see him live is to witness one of the tightest technical DJ’s in the game.
His 3 deck live mixing and infectious stage energy light up venues turning crowds on their heads time after time. Expect lightning fast mixing on a journey through a wide variety of bass music. All tempos are fair game as long as its underground vibes and dirty bass. 2013 was a huge year for Downlink. Along with homies Excision and KJ Sawka, he gave rise to bass music supergroup Destroid, a whole different kind of live experience altogether. You really have to see it live to fully grasp the scope and intensity of the show. Also in 2013,
Downlink launched his brand new record label, Uplink Audio. This will be a place where he will showcase his own music as well as a wide variety of other high grade material. Downlink is not one to be pigeon-holed and is constantly on a quest to evolve and refine his sound. With this in mind, one thing will always remain constant – a pure unadulterated heavy listening experience…
The jFET Project began in early 2011 by Producer / DJ “Jangatha.” After over 50 house music releases on some of the most respected labels in both digital and vinyl format, the need to seek fresh sounds was instilled and inspired by the edgy bass music arena. The focus is rather simple, to push fresh hype sounds in any BPM it fits best. jFET’s sounds have been catching on quick.
His debut EP reached #15 on the Beatport Dubstep Release charts, and caught the attention of several respected blogs including The Untz. 2012 included a release from Play Me Records as part of the New Blood of Dubstep. With support from international touring acts such as Figure, Ajapai, and Reid Speed, we will likely be hearing much more to come from this eclectic project. jFET: Intergalactic Hitman / Producer / Performer.
Rob is originally from Lancaster, PA and began his passion for music at an early age. Originally playing classical violin, Rob soon pursued other passions in the music world. His influences include trent resnor, pink floyd, and dieselboy. he began his DJing about 10 years ago and has steadily learned the ins-and-outs. He currently resides in Indianapolis playing several shows a week at Indy’s Moustrap and Doc’s Music Hall in Muncie. He is signed on the G9 Collective as of August 2012 and Cosmic Promotions since May 2012.
Indigo Child taps into the deeper darker parts of your soul. beats that vibrate your ribcage and send electrical currents through your body. every show is 100% raw talent and intimate with the audience. Indigo Child (Rob) wants to provide a connection between him and the audience to help people capture the side of themselves they dont normally see in themselves. This is the darker side of spirituality!
Kodama is one of the first resident DJs of Altered Thurzdaze. He has been spinning beats since ’99. There is no style he has not touched. Kodama took a year hiatus for family reasons. Now he is back in the drivers seat and ready to blow you off your feet with bass.
SHY GUY SAYS is an electronic music producer and performer straight from the Mushroom Kingdom, an 8-bit villain ready to destroy any party at any time and somehow leave his victims wanting more. His eclectic, yet upbeat and danceable sound can best be described as a mixture of Hip Hop, Glitch Hop, Dubstep, Trap, and Drum N Bass. It’s know for its heavy rhythmic swagger, yet at the same time can be lush and loaded with dirty synth bass sounds, warm ambiance, and 8-bit glitches.
A second stage with more performers TBA!
High Rankin is a music producer based out of the UK. He has been producing music for almost a decade. A lot of his music career he has spent not only producing tracks, but also creating stems for other producers to use. There are a ton of his sample packs available for download through his own label Rankin Audio.
High Rankin is best described as corky, but cunning when it comes to his personality, He has a wide range of skits and monologues on Youtube. Till recently he had his own podcast which also features comedy mixed with beats. I’d be will to guess that he was probably the class clown type in school.
His releases have hit the charts hard and his style is very unique. Tigerlight has been the featured on many of his releases with her stunning, sexy voice. He has quite the catalog with various genres including Dubstep, DnB, Drumstep, Trap, and more. Armed with almost any flavor of EDM, his lived performance has a little something for everyone.
Newest release The Rat or Horrorcane
One of my favorite tracks is this one with Document One and Tigerlight.
All Free Downloads
SHY GUY SAYS
Mousetrap Bar and Grille
Music starts at 9pm
Event page : https://www.facebook.com/events/591609654214703/
Volume 15 of Collective Sessions features our friends from Konkrete Jungle Bowling Green, foi oi oi and What the Bleep! A rare mix from our junglist friends from Ohio, who have been holding it down for the DNB/jungle scene in the Midwest for quite some time! We hope you enjoy!
1. Dubmatix feat. U Brown – Whatchya Gonna Do (Webcam Hi-Fi Wah Do Dem Dub Remix)
2. James Blake & Bon Iver – Fall Creek Boys Choir (Zavid Frost Remix)
3. Harmonic 313 – Dirtbox 04. Roots Manuva – Witness (Modeselektor’s Troublemaker Remix)
5. A Tribe Called Red – Look At This
6. Olene Kadar – Yipyippyip (Dave Aju Remix)
7. Bob Marley & The Wailers – Satisfy My Soul (Beats Antique Remix)
8. Dubmatix – Are You Ready Dub
9. Jessie Ware x Disclosure – Running (Slick Shoota Remix)
10. Chrissy Murderbot – The Original
11. Slick Shoota – Jungle Chamber
12. Mark Pritchard feat. Spikey Tee – Manabadman
13. Moresounds – Cannabis
14. Mad Cobra – Shot A Talk (Danny Scrilla Remix)
15. Reggie Stepper – Cu oonuh (Schlachthofbronx Edit)
16. Sub Focus – Last Jungle (CL Moons Edit)
17. Moresounds – Hour Of Doom
18. Addison Groove & Sam Binga – Rzor
19. Eprom – Regis Chillbin (Machinedrum Remix)
20. Villem – Splinter in Your Mind (Break Remix)
21. Ray Keith – Dark Soldier (Bladerunner Remix)
22. Top Cat – Drunken Master (Potential Bad Boy Remix)
23. Tom & Jerry – Lover 2 Lover Remix (L Double VIP)
24. M-Beat – Style (Cool Girl Mix)
25. Chopstick Dubplate feat. Demolition Man – Deya Now
26. Visionary – In This Time
27. DJ Marky & XRS feat. Stamina MC – LK
28. Flatliners & Mental Forces – Make Em Run
29. Fanu – Autumn’s Child
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals
With volume 13 of our Collective Sessions mix series, we look no further than our very own Altered Thurzdaze resident and DNB mainstay, DJ Hollow Point! Listen, Share, Download, Enjoy!
1. Technimatic – Not Far to Go
2. Random Movement – Down Somehow
3. Lupe Fiasco – Paris Tokyo (DJ Clart Bootleg)
4. Savage Rehab feat. Saxxon & Balistik – Neck Funk
5. Young Ax – Midnight Sun (Calibre Remix)
6. Dave Owen – Mindrain
7. Technimatic – The Unspoken
8. Alicia Keys – Feeling U, Feeling Me (Al Pack Bootleg)
9. LSB – Rolling Sideways
10. Majestics – In My Heart (feat. Flower)
11. Random Movement – Domino Crude
12. Calibre – Simple Things
13. D-Bridge & Vegas – True Romance
14. Nu:Logic – Everlasting Days (feat. Lifford)
15. DJ Marky – A Disco Funk Organisation
16. EZ Rollers – Hope & Inspiration
17. High Contrast – Some Things Never Change
18. Savage Rehab – Desire
19. Lynx & Hellrazor – Goodbye Lover (DNB Mix Instrumental)
20. T>I – 2nd Chance
21. Dave Owen – A Li’l O’ This
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals
In this 8th volume of the Collective Sessions series, we come out swinging! Check out this heat from Mr. Ganzarelli! Be sure to share with your friends! <3
2. Lucky Date – Freak (original mix)
3. Digitalcord – Unexpected pain (original mix)
4. Ftampa – Run Away feat. Mc Ambush (vocal mix)
5. Lucky Date – Fantom (original mix)
6. Far East Movement – Dirty Bass (James Egbert Remix)
7. Alex Mind – Wrong Monster (original mix)
8. Dirtyphonics – Walk in the fire (Schoolboy Remix)
9. Lazy Rich – Brainfreeze (original mix)
10. Wideboys – Addicted 2 The Bass (Lazy Rich Remix)
11. Chrizz Luvly – Out of the cage (Original mix)
12. Dank – Blow Me (Ftampa Remix)
13. Savoy – Kidz (original mix)
14 NWA – Straight outta Compton (Cazzette’s ass sniffin hounds bootleg)
15. Chuckie and Junxterjack – Make some noise (Deorro Remix)
16. Slop Rock feat. Whisky Pete – Super Dope (Gigi Borocco Remix)
17. Far Too Loud – Firestorm (original mix)
18. Haydan Hoffman – Girls Girls Girls
19. Lazy Rich and Hirshee feat Amba Shephard – Damage Control (original mix)
20. Awolnation – Sail (Borgore pop the sweating I’m sailing remix)
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals:
With the addition of a second monthly mix in G-9 Collective’s Collective Sessions series, we were able to reach outside of the Collective and bring in house music producer and DJ, Corduroy Mavericks! Please enjoy and share!
1. Vlada Asanin, Yas Cepeda, Juan Rey – Jazz Machine
2. Steve Bug – No Adjustments ft. Foremost Poets
3. Southland Dj’s – WTF
4. Davy Kidd – Get Down Tonight
5. Stefano Ritteri – Nothing Stays the Same
6. Justin Martin & Ardalan – Wheelgunner (dub)
7. Paolo Rocco – Move Body, Move Forward
8. Roundtable Knights & Ogris Debris – Say What?! (Paolo Rocco remix)
9. Oliver $ & Sqim – Hoes
10. Justin Martin – Ruff Stuff (Pimp Squad Edit)
11. Acidkids – Greek Geek (Joyce Muniz & Shanti Roots remix)
12. Chicken Lips – He Not In (Eats Everything Chicken Tits remix)
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals:
After the attention and what I would call “success” of the last blindly judged mixtape competition, we decided to put a second one together. This time, with a bigger prize at the end – MOJOSTOCK!
It’s no secret that we do a lot of events and book a lot of talent over the course of the year. But we can admit there can be holes in the system in which we use to book said talent, and many budding artists and DJ’s could be getting overlooked. This is why we want to put together a Mixtape Competition, with blind judging, so there’s no playing favorites, no spam, no complaints. (Who am I kidding? There will always be complaints – but you get the idea).
Winning Mixtape will be awarded:
- Mojostock Booking (Main stage – Date/Time Slot TBD)
- Headlining slot at Altered Thurzdaze.
(on a mutually agreeable date once winner is selected)
- $100 cash
- Potential to open for a national act at one or more of Indymojo’s events.
(depending on coinciding music genre that makes sense for available headliners, mutual agreeable date, and some restrictions apply)
Second Place Prize:
– Mojostock Booking (2nd EDM stage – Date/Time Slot TBD)
– Altered Thurzdaze booking (date TBD)
Runner Up entries will be considered for future bookings as well.
We want to set a few simple guidelines:
1. Create a new mix (50-60 minutes in length).
All genres welcome – PLEASE NO TOP-40 commercial crap. Be creative. Don’t insert anything that will reveal identity, such as a name drop.
2. Put it on a CD/Audio quality disk. (Markings are ok, as I will burn blanks)
3. Give the disk to me (Matt Ramsey – You can find me at any Indymojo event) by March 21st. < ~ Deadline (Extended to the 21st)
*For regional mixes, contact me for mailing information.
Disks will be assigned a number and securely logged in for identification purposes after the judges have ranked them accordingly.
- Entries will be duplicated and given to 5 judges of various music tastes and experiences, who have no knowledge of the entry creators. Judges TBD.
- Judges will rank the entries based on track selection, originality, and technical ability.
- Winner will be announced by April 20th.
I’d like to start by thanking everyone for your support so far! We got lots of listens, downloads, and favorites on the 1st mix with jFET! As long as you keep listening, we’ll keep providing!
With that said, we’re happy to announce the release of the 2nd mix in G-9 Collective‘s mix series, Collective Sessions! This time, we’re showcasing one of Indiana’s favorite bass producing villains, Shy Guy Says!
2. Shy Guy Says – Throne of the Persian King (demo preview)
3. Future – Same Damn Time (Busted by HeRobust)
4. Paper Diamond – The 40 Thieves
5. Samples – Blackk Sheep
6. TNGHT – Goooo
7. Antiserum & Mayhem – Brick Squad Anthem
8. Hard in Da Paint – Bellizio (Remix)(Crizzly Edit)
9. Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Big Sean – Clique (Enferno Remix)
10. Shy Guy Says – Untitled (demo preview)
11. Eliot Lipp – On & On
12. Shy Guy Says – Lights at Night
13. Anosta Boss – Crushes
14. Rustie – Surph
15. Zomboy – Pump It Up
16. jFET & Shy Guy Says – The Bass Chop
17. Shy Guy Says – Killer Crush
18. Prodigy – Smack My Bitch Up (Noisia Remix)
19. Barron – Heavy Weight (1uP Remix)
20. 12th Planet – Burst (ft. GMCFOSHO)
21. 1uP – Thundergun (Vannin Remix)
22. Dream – Go Hard (Crizzly Remix)
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals:
Here is the 1st in G-9 Collective’s new mix series, Collective Sessions! Volume 1 features a mix from one of Indiana’s top bass music producers, jFET, who is giving us his very 1st studio mix! Enjoy and share with your friends so they can enjoy it as well!
1. K+Lab – Need To Know (Blunt Instrument Remix)
2. Pegboard Nerds – Fire In The Hole
3. Beat The Beast – She Got Me Dancing
4. Mashur & Kevlar – Too Much Pressure (Artem Zlobin Remix)
5. jFET & The Indigo Child – Bukkake Party
6. Tut Tut Child – Card Shark
7. Urban Assault – Drop The Bass
8. jFET – Bass Munchin’
9. Virus Syndicate & Skism – Like This
10. Breathe Carolina – Hit and Run (MUST DIE! Remix)
11. Zomboy – City 2 City Feat. Belle Humble
12. jFET – Get Naked vs. jFET – Celestial Cemetery
13. Dirty Dog – Selecta
14. N’Chyx – Skankin Shoes (ENiGMA Dubz Remix)
15. jFET & Bass Technician – Who Am I
16. Spag Heddy – Like A B055
17. jFET & Neal Zen – Baby Come Back
18. jFET – 2D
19. PSY – Gangnam Style (Tim Ismag Trollmix)
20. Noisia – Diplodocus (Kill The Noise Remix)
21. Noisia – Bug Hunt (Noisia Remix)
22. Monsta – Holdin’ On (Skrillex & Nero Remix)
23. Sub Focus – Tidal Wave Feat. Alpines (Single Edit)
24. Bcee & S.P.Y. – Is Anybody Out There (Friction & K-Tee Remix)
Artwork by Nicholas Love Visuals!