So I havent blogged in a while because I was in Paris. I have managed to post only three pics given the indymojo storage restrictions :). However, you can go to my facebook page to see more.
Anyway, let me continue my observations of Indianapolis culture and environment. In today’s installment we are going to talk about Indianapolis’ fascination with strip malls and the creation of drainage ditch ponds next to them.
Let me pose to you the following observations:
1. How is it that most night clubs or bars are located in strip malls or mall parking lots? (outside of broad ripple).
– For example, Champs – Wow…. who would have thought that a bar and grill located in a mall parking lot next to a mosquito infested drainage pond would be so popular. Ok , I dont know but I have fun there because there is a lot to see and observe like …..cougarellas with lots of plastic surgery (see my blog 1).
– I am willing to bet money that Indianapolis has more strip malls than most cities in the country. Hell, I went to a club called blu something on the northside and it was next to Linens and Things or something like that? Where else can you go to a place and get a nice buzz and then go next door to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a deep vat fryer to cook something to meet your buzz cravings?
– Scotty’s is another fun example. You have a strip mall, parking lot …but a great fire pit with wonderful vista views of the parking lot.
– Here is the scenario I picture: The family goes to Chez Target’ and oh look its T Biscuit coming out of a bar yelling Mojo Rules….the kids say to Mommy ….”Mommy what’s indy mojo”…next thing you know they are on the internet looking up Daddy’s good times with other women out at Indy Mojo hangouts ….then Mommy leaves Daddy and oh my gosh Indy Mojo has just wrecked a home. Do you see what I am saying :)!
Let me emphasize that I have been having fun at these places and I am in no way complaining about that…but these are just observations. Ok, maybe I am crazy.